ADG, in association with LegalBase, is proud to offer Hemaya:
- A complete online brand protection service
- Monitor -> Detect -> Take Down = Hemaya Protection
- Using innovative software, Hemaya actively searches for online infringements
- Once found, our dedicated team then deals effectively with infringements
Hemaya’s fully customisable services cover all online media including:
- Marketplaces Services and e-commerce
- Website Content
- Social Media
- Keywords and Adwords
- Domain Arbitration Services (UDRP etc.)
Once you have customised your Hemaya service, you will be assigned a bespoke team.
- Your Hemaya team will constantly analyse the results of the online-searches
- Your Hemaya team will work to quickly deal with infringements.
- You can be confident that Hemaya is always working to protect your brand.
- Hemaya software is hosted and maintained on a secure, dedicated online platform
- Hemaya is accessible at all times through any internet browser – there is no software to download
- Hemaya is fully customisable and you can select which of Hemaya’s services you require
- Hemaya is linked in real-time to online information
- Once an infringement is detected, our experienced dispute resolution team take over and achieve results.
- Hemaya has an interactive and user friendly case management system
Third parties register domain names use your branding and IP to exploit your reputation and to maximise commercial gain at your expense.
- Hemaya’s fully customisable software constantly monitors for any unauthorized infringements of your branding and IP in all Domains
- Once unauthorised registrations are detected, “take down” proceedings are immediately initiated
Marketplaces & e-commerce
Unauthorised sale on the internet by third parties of counterfeit and infringing goods on eBay, Amazon etc.
- Hemaya’s fully customisable software constantly monitors for any unauthorised branding and IP (trademark and copyright etc.) infringements on over 125 online marketplaces, including:
- Once unauthorised listings are detected, “take down” proceedings are immediately initiated
Third parties use your trademarks without consent in website content to exploit your reputation and to maximise commercial gain at your expense (e.g. online shops, blogs)
- Hemaya’s fully customisable software constantly monitors for any unauthorised IP and brand infringements (trademarks, copyright etc.)
- Once unauthorised use is detected, “take down” proceedings are immediately initiated
Keywords & Adwords
Third parties use your trademarks without consent in keywords and adwords to exploit your reputation and to maximise commercial gain.
- Hemaya’s fully customisable software constantly monitors for any unauthorised infringements of your IP and brands (trademarks, copyright etc.)
- Once unauthorised use is detected, “take down” proceedings are immediately initiated.
Domain Name Arbitration Services
A competitor registers a domain name containing your unique brand or IP (for example cheapnikeproducts.ae).
- We detect the infringing domain name
- We can immediately initiate arbitration proceedings to transfer the domain name to your ownership
Hemaya provides arbitration services across a wide range of arbitration services such as:
- WIPO UDRP
- Central NIC
- URS (“Uniform Rapid Suspension”)
- TPDDRP (“Trademark Post-Delegation Dispute Resolution Procedures”)
Third parties publish content on blogs and social media which damages the image or reputation of your business or you personally.
- Hemaya’s fully customisable software constantly monitors the internet for damaging content
- Once damaging content is detected, “take down” proceedings are immediately initiated.
As described by the 2020 edition of The Legal 500 - ‘a highly skilled and knowledgeable team, led by the outstanding Ali Tyebkhan’ – Ali is the Founding Partner of LegalBase Law. Previously at leading international law firm Hogan Lovells (London & Brussels) and Legal Counsel at Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC), Dubai, he set up Legal Base in 2008. Ali represents a wide range of leading international brands and companies across many industries including designer clothing, luxury goods, sports media and entertainment, consumer products, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, software, FMCG, IT and telecommunications.
Mohammed Al Dahbashi
Mohammed Al Dahbashi, Co-Managing Partner of Al Dabashi Gray, is a leading Emirati lawyer whose practice spans both contentious and non-contentious matters. Previously at Hadef & Partners, Mohammed founded his own firm, MAD Advocates, in 2015 before merging and forming ADG in 2017. With broad commercial/corporate law experience, Mohammed provides clients with clear corporate advice and guidance. A licensed advocate, Mohammed also has full rights of appearance before all the competent courts of the UAE, and has broad experience of complex arbitration, commercial litigation and criminal matters.
Stats on Success:
- Hemaya acts fast – infringements can usually be taken down in a matter of hours
- Our take down success rate is over 80%
- We have worked with a global luxury goods manufacturer, one of Europe’s top football clubs and global fashion brands
- Handling over 400 IP arbitrations relating to domain name infringements before arbitration forums, such as the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), Nominet, Eurid and the National Arbitration Forum for a number of global brands.
- Registering trademarks with the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH) and monitoring and advising on the registration of domain names in the ICANN New gTLD program for a global luxury goods manufacturer.
- Corresponding and negotiating with ISPs and registrars in the removal of unauthorised websites/website content infringing the trademarks of luxury, fashion, sports and consumer goods clients.
- Working with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn to remove infringing profiles for a leading FMCG company.
- Working with mobile application platforms, including iTunes and Google Play, to remove infringing accounts for a global fashion brand
- Researching and reporting on infringing consumer goods sales on e-tailer sites across Europe, handling cease and desist action and negotiating with e-tailers to have infringing content removed for a leading consumer goods company with an annual revenue of more than US$10 billion.
- Working with global marketplaces (including, eBay, Alibaba Group (comprising of Alibaba, Aliexpress, Taobao, 1688.com), Mercardolibre, Myntra, Amazon, dHgate, ) to regulate the sales of fake/lookalike products and to remove such listings for a global fashion brand.
- Busting and shutting down a sophisticated China based online counterfeiting ring selling luxury fashion items
- Handling customs recordation matters and recording trademarks with customs authorities in a number of jurisdictions, including the Middle East, Panama, Taiwan, Argentina, China, Brazil, Philippines, Colombia, Turkey, Vietnam, Sri Lanka and the Dominican Republic for a global consumer brand and FMCG company.
- Handling trademark registrations matters in various jurisdictions including China, India, Vietnam, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Philippines, Australia, Canada, UK, USA, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan